Monday, April 21, 2008

Keep those scissors away from me!

About 5 years ago, I had really long hair. It reached all the way down to the bottom of my back. Then, during an impulsive moment when I wanted "something different", I had it cut all the way up to shoulder-length.
Drastically different. It was a LOT easier to wash and brush through, but after awhile I started to miss the old hair length. I missed being able to put it up in a ponytail. I missed being able to have long braids. I missed just being able to wear it all DOWN, cascading in curls over my shoulders and back.
A few days ago I realized that it's all grown back to the same length it used to be.
It took years, but it's all there again.
Wavy, curly, chestnut brown.... and all mine.
Sometimes you just don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.
It will be a LONG time before I have this cut again.
I love long hair! :)

4 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

So, if I shave your head in the middle of the night this weekend like I planned, this won't be a good thing?

Travis Cody said...

Sounds sexy.

Unknown said...

Ok, I won't make any comments asking if this is your armpit hair. I will be nice. There is a lady at my workplace that had hair down to the bottom of her buttcheeks. This last weekend she came in sheared to the collar. She donated it to a place that makes wigs for Chemo patients.

I will say the one hair I have left on my head is nearing 7 inches longs. When it gets long enough I am going to swirl it around so I look like I have a full head of hair.

Later Y'all.

danielle said...

Wowzers! Does that mean you can do your hair like this?:

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/April-Fools-day-movie-poster.jpg
Oof, hope that link fits.

Anyhow, I did have hair down to my arse once; I thought it was splendid but in pictures I looked like a she-beast, just way too much thick crazy hair.

The best compliment (?) I ever got was a guy approached me on the bus: "That a weave?"

"No."

"Daaaayyyummmm."

I takes whats I can gets.