Monday, November 12, 2007

Manic Monday: Gravy

My "french fries and gravy" phase:

When I was about 11 years old, I went through a phase where I I loved gravy on french fries. I'd order a hot beef sandwich and ask for the gravy to be poured over the fries as well as the sandwich. I ordered it the same way every time.
I haven't had fries that way in years. They still sound good, I guess. It's just that when I go to restaurants these days I always find something else on the menu that sounds better.
It's not that much different from mashed potatoes and gravy. Just think of mashed potatoes deep fried in convenient stick form.
.
Manic Monday on my other blogs:
Jantics: Things that are better with gravy, and things that are WORSE
Jannaverse: The secret meaning of gravy
.

5 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

Third Janna blog's the charm ... french fries with gravy, not so much.

Anonymous said...

I've never had gravy on fries but now I'd love to try it. Have a great Monday.

Mo and The Purries said...

I never "got" the whole gravy on fries thing. Lee's stepfather Ron can't eat fries without gravy - we went to a steakhouse once and they didn't have gravy. I thought Ron was going to have a fit. He ended up getting a baked sweet potato instead.

Now, fries with ranch dressing - there's some yummy for your tummy!

katherine. said...

I think it's time I started my own gravy and french fry phase. I mean really....you could just scoop up the gravy with the french fry...like a spoon..(wait - let me wipe the drool away)

Travis Cody said...

I don't care for gravy directly on my fries cause it gets too soggy. But I do like to drag fries through the gravy.