Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Certainly this means my computer addiction is a GOOD thing...

These days you can do just about anything online. You can do all kinds of things electronically that used to only be possible with a stack of paper.
Granted, pen and paper has a beautiful quaint charm to it sometimes, which is part of the reason I love fountain pens. But for overall speed and convenience, I have to admit that electronic methods are the way to go.
On the computer, you can write novels, letters, business proposals, and more. Last week when I composed my newest piece for the wind ensemble, I did the whole thing on the computer from start to finish. I even made a recording of it on the computer and e-mailed it to the music director so he could hear it and decide if it's something he wanted to rehearse.
Even in the field of banking and mortgages, fields that used to rely heavily on paper documents, there's a similar trend toward electronic forms of documentation. They call it eclosing. It saves time AND paper, plus it saves thousands of dollars for the lenders, settlement agents, investors, and borrowers.
Nice, huh?
Welcome to the 21st century.
.

No comments: