Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Changes on the beverage horizon

I've been thirsty a lot lately.
There's one bottle of tea left in the fridge, and that's it.

I've been trying to avoid sugary soda lately, and have actually been able to go "cold turkey" for almost a month now.
I would never have imagined it possible, yet here I am.

Instead of soda, I've been drinking a LOT of water and tea, along with the occasional bottle of juice or milk.
I know juice still has SOME sugar in it, but I'm ok with that. Relatively speaking, it's better than soda, and it has some semblance of nutrition. My plan is not to completely abolish sugar from my diet. I think that would be pretty stupid. Sugar, in and of itself, is not the enemy, and should not be treated as such. But I do think it's wise for me to cut back, especially on things that are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup.

I'm hoping that this new change will help me to drop a few pounds.
I'm also hoping for more energy. I haven't felt very healthy these days.
I'll keep you posted.
.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

Moderation is the key. And exercise.

Good for you for taking your health in hand.