Friday, June 17, 2011

A hundred and six

In case any of you were wondering, I've lost 106 pounds so far.
Despite losing over a hundred pounds, I STILL don't think I look much different.
People are telling me I do, but I just don't see it.
I wonder if I'll become like one of those anorexic types who still sees fat in the mirror even when everyone else is staring at her ribs poking out.
I'm a long way from visible ribs, but I still wonder.... how much longer will it take before I see a difference?

And now, for some creepy disturbing reason, I'm craving BBQ ribs.
(*awkward cough*)
.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

There is a disconnect between what we look like and what we THINK we look like. It's called body dysphoria. I can't explain it so better to google it and read up on it. It's like I always see myself as bigger than I am, my sis for instance no matter how big she was always saw herself as smaller. A good way to determine if you are seeing yourself completely different than you actually are is this. On a wall draw an outline with chalk how you think your shape looks. Then you stand against the wall in the same spot and have a good friend draw your ACTUAL shape and I know you will be amazed at how small you actually are. We are our own worst critics at times.