Sunday, November 2, 2008

Remembering...

Some of you may remember the posts I did about my friend Ed Dryer, who passed away earlier this year.
(If not, you can catch up by reading this and this and this.)

Today would have been his 39th birthday.

I still can't believe he's really gone.

As soon as I learned about it, I e-mailed the funeral home to find out where he's buried. I wanted to visit him one last time, to pay my respects. They didn't respond at first, but when I asked a second time, they responded by saying he'd been cremated and they didn't know whether or not the family had chosen to bury his ashes.
I guess it can go either way. Some people want their ashes to be scattered someplace or kept in an urn on the fireplace; other people (like my grandfather) had their ashes buried in a cemetery.

Speaking of my grandfather, last Sunday (Oct 26) was the fifteen-year anniversary of his death back in 1993.

Everyone reading this, please hug your loved ones today. You never know when they may be gone.

I promise my next post won't be quite so depressing.
.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

It would have been my dad's 64th birthday last Monday. I can't imagine what he would have been like at 64. I miss him.

Sandee said...

Excellent advice. I'll get right on that. I think I'll include my friends too. You are right, you just never know. :)

Da Old Man said...

So sad about the loss of your friend. One of my best buddies died a few months ago. He would have turned 53 next week.