Sunday, September 21, 2008

Manic Monday: Formula

The only sport I like is Indy car racing, and even then I haven't watched it in years.
Back when I had a TV that actually worked, and would actually get TV stations to come in, I liked watching the Indy 500 every year. I liked Al Unser Jr and Bobby Rahal. I also liked Jacque Villeneuve. My favorite race was when Jacque Villeneuve recovered from a two-lap penalty to win the Indy 500 in 1996.
If you look at Formula One racing, you'll get to see the kinds of cars that race in the Indy 500. I love these. So different from anything you would see on the road while you're driving.
I love the loud screaming sound they make as they speed down the track at 220mph. It all just looks and sounds so unique. And fun.
And, yes, I have to admit I get excited by all the wrecks.

Conversely, I've never been a fan of NASCAR. Completely different thing. Those cars all look too ordinary, the hype bores me, and I'm just not interested.
I have to admit, though, even NASCAR is better than baseball, basketball, or football.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have the same theme this Monday, though I am more a NASCAR fan.
Mine is at The Cafe.