Friday, August 1, 2008

Sympathy for those with blog-itis

I just got a message from Sandee, saying that she's been "locked out" of her blog. Apparently this has happened to a lot of Blogger/Blogspot users and might take awhile to fix.
The same thing happened to me last week. I couldn't access the dashboard, any of the customization pages, or any of the comments. Anything with "Blogger" as part of the URL was not showing up. I'd get an error message that the page couldn't be found.
The actual blogs themselves would still show up, since that has BlogSPOT in the URL, not BlogGER. Somehow that made a difference, as far as what I was able to access.
Luckily, the problem resolved itself later that same day.
Now it seems other people are having the same problem.
Hang in there, you guys. I know how frustrating it is. Believe me.
Hopefully the situation will be fixed very soon.
As of this very moment, my blogs seem to be accessible... I've tried both Jannaverse and Jantrails; and have been able to post on both today.
Thank goodness.
Here's hoping all the glitches get fixed for everyone.
.
UPDATE: Blogger has discovered the problem, apologized for it, and fixed it for most of the people affected. Here's their apology.
Here's another post where they explain the problem.
.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Thanks Janna. Yes, it's frustrating as heck. I've imported everything to Wordpress just in case I end up deleted. I also backed up my template on my desktop too. I could as least do that, and it allowed me to comment too. Linda of Are We There Yet? and Sarge Charlie are also locked out. There are many more too. Some kind of ugly glitch is happening. Thanks again for this post and have a great weekend. :)