Monday, January 14, 2008

A Blast From The Past

Happy Birthday, Mike Spencer.
Michael J. Spencer, to be exact.
Mike Spencer is a guy I had a crush on, waaaaay back in Junior High.
He graduated in 1987, I graduated in 1988.
I haven't seen him in over thirty years.
This was a long time ago, but I remember I loved his quirky sense of humor and I liked his smile. He was "cute." He played the cornet in band. His birthday was only three days after mine.
And he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me.
Nothing.
At.
All.
He wasn't overtly mean to me, but he made it quite clear that he was NOT interested. Naturally, this only caused me to pine away like a lovesick puppy for quite a few years before I finally got over him. (And then I developed a similar crush on his best friend Jerry Kennedy, then I moved on to a crush on Jerry's brother Joe.)
I have no idea where Mike is these days. I heard he joined the military, and he got married. Not sure about anything else.
Anyway, today is his birthday. He is 39.
Have a nice day, Mike, wherever you are.
.

No comments: