Friday, November 9, 2007

I remember reading this story, and now it's a movie!

Years ago I read a book of Stephen King stories. The first one was called "The Mist". I remember it was the longest story in the book. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did, I was hooked. It had me in that usual "Stephen King Stranglehold" that I love so much about his stories.
And now they've made a movie about it!
Yes! The Mist by Stephen King is now a movie.
I just got done watching one of the movie trailers.
Y'know, a few weeks ago I was driving to Hartford to visit Lee, and there was a terrible fog almost all the way there. I ended up having to call Lee and let him know that I would be a little late. At the time, I didn't even think about the parallels to The Mist. If I had, it would have felt significantly more creepy. After every curve in the road I would have been imagining giant insect legs, the size of dinosaurs, whooshing out of the fog bank and swatting me off into oblivion. Lee would have spent the rest of his life wondering what happened to me! Or at least until the fog slowly crept toward his town next...
The movie will be in theaters on November 21. I definitely want to go see it.

No comments: