Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I didn't even know snails COULD point....

My ISP has been lousy lately.
I have dial-up and it's terribly slow sometimes.
Plus, sometimes it disconnects me, sometimes I get a ton of busy signals before I can connect, and sometimes the connection is awful. I'm supposed to have 56K, but I never get anything better than 49,333. Sometimes it's as bad as 26,600. And I swear one time it was around 19,000. That's a snail's pace. In fact, I think snails were PASSING my computer.
They were also laughing and pointing as they went by.
I found this site that analyzes dial up, DSL, satellite and wireless Internet access. It gives me an idea of what other options are available, who's offering what services, and what each provider charges.
I see there's Cable Internet and SATELLITE Internet. I've never even HEARD of Satellite Internet before, which I suppose further proves that I live out in the middle of nowhere and was raised under a rock.
One of these days I hope to be able to have Cable or Satellite or something better than dial-up.
Anything to make the snails stop laughing at me.
.

1 comment:

Mo and The Purries said...

you have snails?
wow - escar-GO!

I have dead hamsters for my dial-up at home.
I think your snails've got me beat.