Saturday, May 19, 2012

More than you EVER cared to know about me


 Here are answers to 99 questions about me. I got them from this page.
It's pretty long.  You might want to grab a sandwich first.

  • 1:Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? 
 Open, but only because they're stuck that way.

  • 2:Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? 
 On the rare occasion that I actually get to stay in a hotel, yes.

  • 3:Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? 
 I'm a weird person who doesn't use sheets.  Long story.

  • 4:Have you ever stolen a street sign before? 
 Wait, what?  Stolen a street sign?  People actually do this?  Really?

  • 5:Do you like to use post-it notes? 
 Not an awful lot, but yes, sometimes.

  • 6:Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? 
OMG.  Yes.  I forget all about them and the next thing I know, they've expired.  The space-time continuum always has a good laugh at my expense.

  • 7:Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? 
Yikes.  I guess the bees, since I'm not allergic to bee stings.  The bear would probably kill me.  The bees would just make me wish I was dead.

  • 8:Do you have freckles? 
Not really; maybe one or two on my arms.

  • 9:Do you always smile for pictures? 
Not always.  I hate having my picture taken.

  • 10:What is your biggest pet peeve? 
It's hard to choose, because I have so many.  I'm annoyed by people who can't handle anything hotter than medium salsa, I'm annoyed by tailgaters, I'm annoyed by people who don't understand the difference between to/too and its/it's and there/there/they're... but I guess my number one pet peeve is guys who are bigoted against women.

  • 11:Do you ever count your steps when you walk? 
My mom compulsively does this.  I generally don't, although a few days ago I actually noticed myself doing it.

  • 12:Have you ever peed in the woods? 
Wow.  No, I really haven't!  Am I missing out?

  • 13:What about pooped in the woods? 
 OMG.  No!  In the age of camera-phones and YouTube, you should never, ever do anything embarrassing like perform bodily functions next to a rotting log.  Someone will just happen to be walking by with a freshly-charged phone battery, and the next thing you know, your video will be going viral with 90,000 hits.

  • 14:Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? 
No.

  • 15:Do you chew your pens and pencils? 
I used to, when I was in grade school.

  • 16:How many people have you slept with this week? 
Actual human beings?  Zero.
Imaginary ones?  One.

  • 17:What size is your bed? 
Queen.

  • 18:What is your Song of the week? 
Life And How To Live It, by R.E.M.

  • 19:Is it okay for guys to wear pink? 
Sure.  Go for it.

  • 20:Do you still watch cartoons? 
 When I have the chance, yes.  I love Spongebob Squarepants.

  • 21:Whats your least favorite movie? 
Anything from The Godfather series.

  • 22:Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? 
I guess if I had to I could bury it in the flower bed which never has flowers.

  • 23:What do you drink with dinner? 
Usually some sort of diet soda.  Sigh.  I realize that probably makes me boring.

  • 24:What do you dip a chicken nugget in? 
I love sweet and sour the best.  2nd favorite is barbecue sauce mixed with orange marmalade.  Hey, don't knock it til you try it.

  • 25:What is your favorite food? 
Gahhh!  I have to choose?  I love barbecued ribs, and I love tacos, and I love fettucine alfredo... but I guess right now if I had to pick a favorite it would be pizza with a giant ton of meat on it.

  • 26:What movies could you watch over and over and still love? 
Pretty Woman...
The Wizard Of Oz...
Goldfinger....
  • 27:Last person you kissed/kissed you? 
This is really sad.  I haven't had a boyfriend in almost two decades, and the last time I kissed a guy was back in 1994.
  • 28:Were you ever a boy/girl scout? 
 Ugh.  No.  I'm not exactly the scouting type.

  • 29:Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? 
 Ack!  No!  Gasp!

  • 30:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? 
 A few weeks ago.
  • 31:Can you change the oil on a car? 
 Nope.  Not at all.
  • 32:Ever gotten a speeding ticket? 
 More times than I care to admit.  :)
  • 33:Ever ran out of gas? 
 Yes!  Twice!
  • 34:Favorite kind of sandwich? 
 Hmmm.  I love Monte Cristos.... and I love pizza subs... and I love bacon cheeseburgers...  but if I had to choose, I think right now my favorite would be a footlong BBQ pork sub with cheese and hot peppers.
  • 35:Best thing to eat for breakfast? 
 Breakfast burritos with plenty of hot sauce.

  • 36:What is your usual bedtime? 
Somewhere around midnight, give or take.

  • 37:Are you lazy? 
I consider it an art form.

  • 38:When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? 
 I never dressed up on Halloween.
  • 39:What is your Chinese astrological sign? 
I think it's the dog.  (1970 is the dog, right?)
  • 40:How many languages can you speak? 
English and a very teeny tiny bit of Russian.

  • 41:Do you have any magazine subscriptions? 
 Discover Magazine.  I like it because it has all that nerdy geeky science stuff I love.
  • 42:Which are better: legos or lincoln logs? 
 Lincoln logs.
  • 43:Are you stubborn? 
 I can be, when the situation calls for it. :)

  • 44:Who is better...Leno or Letterman? 
 Letterman!
  • 45:Ever watch soap operas? 
Ugh.  No.  Too annoying, too full of romance that reminds me of my own loveless life.  Very depressing.
  • 46:Are you afraid of heights? 
 Yes!  Very!

  • 47:Do you sing in the car? 
 Every single time I drive anywhere, I always sing at least once.  Always.  Especially songs by R.E.M.
  • 48:Do you sing in the shower? 
 Nah.  Not sure why.

  • 49:Do you dance in the car? 
 I've been known to bob around in a slightly disturbing manner, yes.
  • 50:Ever used a gun? 
 Nope.

  • 51:Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? 
 Wow.  2004, I think.... ?

  • 52:Do you think musicals are cheesy? 
 Most are.  :)

  • 53:Is Christmas stressful? 
Nah.  I just let it flow quietly on by. 
  • 54:Ever eat a pierogi? 
LOL.  When I first read this, I thought it said "Ever eat a pigeon."
But no.  I've never had a pierogi either. :)
  • 55:Favorite type of fruit pie? 
Blueberry!

  • 56:Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? 
Writer, Musician, College Professor

  • 57:Do you believe in ghosts? 
I believe in spirits, but I don't believe they're the spirits of dead human beings.
  • 58:Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? 
Yes!
  • 59:Take a vitamin daily? 
I try to (and want to), but almost always forget.

  • 60:Wear slippers? 
No.  Just shoes.

  • 61:Wear a bath robe? 
When I'm cold, yes.

  • 62:What do you wear to bed? 
Depends on how cold I am.  If I'm freezing, I'll wear multiple layers of nightshirts and a bathrobe.  If the temperature is comfy, I'll just wear the nightshirt (or nightgown).  If it's absolutely sweaty-sweltering-dripping hot, I might just wear nothing at all.
  • 63:First concert? 
If you mean Rock Concert, I've never been to one.  (*sob*)
(This kills me, since I would've LOVED to have seen R.E.M. in concert.)
If you mean ANY kind of concert, it was a band concert, and I played french horn.
My first symphony orchestra concert was in college.

  • 64:Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? 
 Ugh.  If I had to choose, I guess I'd pick Wal-Mart, just because it's the closest.

  • 65:Nike or Adidas? 
 I have absolutely no preference there, so just go ahead and flip a coin.
  • 66:Cheetos Or Fritos? 
 I love Chili Cheese Fritos, but usually I love crunchy Cheetos even more.
  • 67:Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? 
 Peanuts.  Especially if they're dry roasted.
  • 68:Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? 
 Nope!
  • 69:Ever take dance lessons? 
 Nope!
  • 70:Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? 
 Assuming I ever HAVE a spouse, I'd love it if he was a professional musician, a professional writer, or a college professor.

  • 71:Can you curl your tongue? 
 I can't!

  • 72:Ever won a spelling bee? 
Yes!  Yes, I have!  It was in 6th or 7th grade... There were eight different schools that got together and competed.  I won!  I got first place out of all of them!  I still have the award here somewhere....
  • 73:Have you ever cried because you were so happy? 
 I think I cried when I learned I got first-chair french horn in honor band when I was in high school.  (We had to compete for the position.  The others were pretty good, so it was a real honor to win first).
I might also have cried at high school graduation in 1988 when I learned I got the John Philip Sousa award.

  • 74:Own any record albums? 
 Vinyl?  No.
CD's?  Wow.  Yes.  Especially anything by R.E.M.

  • 75:Own a record player? 
No.  I used to when I was younger, though!

  • 76:Regularly burn incense? 
Rarely, but not regularly.

  • 77:Ever been in love? 
Yes.  Unrequited every time.  Thanks for asking.

  • 78:Who would you like to see in concert? 
R.E.M.
Sadly, they retired last year.

  • 79:What was the last concert you saw? 
It was a wind symphony concert a couple weeks ago.
Hopefully that counts, despite the fact that I was a musician on stage instead of a spectator in the audience.

  • 80:Hot tea or cold tea? 
I guess I'd choose hot tea.  Preferably peppermint.
  • 81:Tea or coffee? 
Definitely tea.

  • 82:Sugar or snickerdoodles? 
I'm not fond of either, since neither involves chocolate.
But if I had to choose, I guess I'd pick sugar cookies.
  • 83:Can you swim well? 
Yes, I guess so. :)

  • 84:Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? 
Yes!
  • 85:Are you patient? 
In traffic, usually not.
Online, waiting for slow internet connections, usually not.
At other times, I guess I can be patient if the need arises.

  • 86:DJ or band, at a wedding? 
DJ, as long as he/she doesn't blast everything too loudly.

  • 87:Ever won a contest? 
I won a music composition contest in college.

  • 88:Ever have plastic surgery? 
Nope!

  • 89:Which are better: black or green olives? 
I like both, but I guess I like the black ones best.

  • 90:Can you knit or crochet? 
 I can crochet!

  • 91:Best room for a fireplace? 
 Whichever room you spend the most time in!

  • 92:Do you want to get married? 
 Do bears crap in the woods?

  • 93:If married, how long have you been married? 
Never been married.

  • 94:Who was your HS crush? 
Mike Spencer, Jerry Kennedy, and Joe Kennedy.
They had absolutely no interest in me whatsoever.

  • 95:Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? 
Nope.  Too annoying.
  • 96:Do you have kids? 
Nope.  Too annoying.

  • 97:Do you want kids? 
Nope.  Too annoying.
  • 98:Whats your favorite color? 
It changes, depending on my mood.  Usually it ends up being some version of green or blue.  Today it's sapphire blue.
  • 99:Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss myself when I was in my mid-20's.

2 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

Hi Janna!
#29 reminded me of one of my old posts.
http://sanspantaloons.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/please-no-more.html
In case you want to take a look...
Congratulations on your weight loss. Hopefully your plateau will begin to curve in the right direction!

Janna said...

Sans Pantaloons: I hope it curves in the right direction soon! If it doesn't, I may have to take a machete and start attacking boxes of Twinkies. The grocery store always hates it when I do that.