Saturday, January 5, 2013

The new cat

Although I still miss Brynden, I have adopted a new cat.
I got him from the Humane Society.
He's about 8 1/2 years old.
Big cat.
Shorthaired.
Black and White.
(Maybe 60% white).

Very easygoing, tame, docile, friendly, sweet.

Honeynut hates him, of course.
This is "her" home and she's not crazy about the idea of sharing it with a stranger.
But I think once they get to know one another, they'll end up being friends.

The new cat isn't aggressive at all.
He hasn't hissed or growled back at her-- not even once.

That's exactly how it was when I brought Brynden home 12-13 years ago.
Honeynut hated him at first.  She hissed and growled as often as she felt like it.
And he never returned the aggression.
He was perfectly fine letting her be top cat if she wanted.

And eventually they ended up being good friends.

I hope this ends up the same way.

LOL.
I just heard her hiss at him in the other room while I was typing this.

What's that, you say?
What's his NAME?

Well, that's the problem.

I can't think of a name.

If any of you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

It would be fun if the name had something to do with music or R.E.M.  but it doesn't have to.
It might be fun if the name had something to do with being black and white, but I can't think of anything that fits.
I've tried thinking of other black & white things (Soccer ball?  Panda?  Magic 8 Ball? Oreo? Dalmatian? Holstein?) but nothing fits.
It might also be fun if the name was something nerdy or science-related.  I love stuff like that.  I briefly considered naming him "Sheldon" (after Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory) but it just doesn't fit.

I've looked at tons of "pet name" websites and nothing seems to fit.

When I get my camera working again, I'll try posting some pictures.
.

UPDATE:  I've named the cat "Hopkins".  R.E.M. did a song on their Fables Of The Reconstruction album called "Lightnin' Hopkins".

I've been calling him "Hopsy" for short.


It fits him because he seems to like hopping on things. :)
.

No comments: