Sunday, April 5, 2009

If any of you go to Ethiopia, bring me back some more of this!

Remember Jason from ABC group?
(Just say yes. This will go a lot quicker.)

He got back from Ethiopia a few weeks ago. It sounds like he had a wonderful trip. In addition to spending time with friends, he got to work as a substitute teacher at the International School in Addis Ababa.

And, guess what: and he brought me a present!

He and I both love super-hot spicy things, and Ethiopia supposedly makes some good spice blends. So he tried them while he was there.

Berbere ended up being not very spicy at all, he said.
But there's this other spice blend, called mitmita, which was decent.

He brought me back a generous sample.
I like it! It's not painfully hot (unfortunately), but still has promise.
It's somewhere in the "high medium" range.

Think of it as a slightly more exotic version of Cajun seasoning.
Yum!
.

2 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I was watching Man vs Food on TV and he ate something called Phall, which is supposed to be the hottest food anywhere. It is an amped up version of the Indian dish Vindaloo.
Just thought you needed to know that.

Janna said...

DaOldMan: Cool! Er, I mean, hot! :) I gotta try this stuff someday...