Monday, December 17, 2007

Manic Monday: Carol

Back in the 80's, Florence Henderson did commercials for Wesson Oil. Every time I saw them, I could only think of her as Carol Brady, from the Brady Bunch. The commercials had her saying this oil was great because it had "Wessonality."
Apparently that's a mix between "Wesson" and "personality."
But trust me, plain vegetable oil doesn't HAVE any personality, and you certainly can't carry on a conversation with it.
Believe me, I've tried.

Consider it a Wessonality Disorder.
.
.
Manic Monday on my other blogs:
Jantics: Parody of a christmas carol
Jannaverse: If Dick Cheney was named "Carol"....
.

9 comments:

Gattina said...

That's the first non musical MM I see, lol ! But I don't know this Carol !

Mo and The Purries said...

Leave it to Gattina to not know Carol Brady!
(she didn't know Carol Burnett, either!)

I always pictured Carol & Greg up in the attic, strobe lights going, rolling around on a tarp with some Wesson Oil. How's that for Wessonality?

Durward Discussion said...

Carol was just greasing the wheels of commerce while greasing her palm.

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahah, I had a visual of you trying to have a conversation with vegetable oil. Bwahahahah, you're on a roll today. Have a great MM. :)

Sherry Lewis said...

What?!? Vegetable oil has no personality? Are you kidding? :::sigh::: Vegetable oil is SO misunderstood.

Happy Monday!

Janna said...

Gattina: If you grew up in America in the seventies, you would know Carol Brady. :) Must be she hasn't reached Germany yet.

Morgen: And a really big lava lamp on the nightstand...

Jamie: True...

Sandee: It was a rather one-sided conversation, and I quickly ran out of topics.

Sherry: I think it needs to go to more parties or something.

Marilyn said...

It's sort of like a Saturn salesman... not quite as greasy and hard-core as the Crisco (used car salesman of the kitchen).

But it isn't much of a conversationalist really. Unless you get it really hot and throw an ice cube in it, then everybody in the room starts using very colorful language.

Travis Cody said...

Somehow I have no trouble believing that you have attempted conversation with vegetable oil.

And it doesn't strike me as odd, either. Just as Janna.

Heehee!

Janna said...

Marilyn: That thing with the ice cube would make a great video!

Travis: Thank you for your faith in my eccentricity. :)