Friday, November 9, 2007

Steve? Whaddya say?

My friend Steve moved to New York a few months ago.
New York City, baby.
He's the adventurous sort who doesn't mind moving around to huge places like that. We grew up in the same small town in Michigan, then he moved away to bigger towns in Michigan, then Minnesota, then Los Angeles, CA, and now New York.
I can appreciate that city from a distance. I think in person it would completely overwhelm me if I didn't have someone there with me to help me adjust.
If I get very brave in the future, it might be fun to visit Steve there. I could bring a New York CityPass with me. In fact, I'd bring one for each of us.
Have you heard of those?
It's a booklet you can buy... Each one has the following:
A ticket to The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the new Greek and Roman galleries, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Guggenheim Museum and the American Museum of Natural History. Plus, a trip to the top of the Empire State Building Observatory and tour of the Manhattan skyline from the water aboard a Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise, along with a map, public transportation information and insider tips on the best time to visit each attraction.
I'm kind of a nerd, so I'd surely love the museums best. Especially art museums. I'd love to immerse myself in a room full of surrealist art. Anything that reminds me of Salvador Dali or Hieronymus Bosch. That's MY kind of art. Bizarre, strange things that make you wonder what led the artist to portray it in that manner. If I was a painter, that would be my niche.
After we emerged from the museum, dripping in culture, Steve and i could go have coffee somewhere.
Actually, I hate coffee, but it seems like I would be required to drink it if I was in New York. Hopefully I won't have to actually get the Starbucks logo tattooed on any body parts.

No comments: